As Senior Vice President of Customer Support Services, I am responsible for the strategy, execution and P&L for post-delivery support of IFEC systems and services delivered by Panasonic and any other equipment and services our Customers utilize. Our goals are to maximize the success of Panasonic’s products, enable our customers and partners to get the most from the value of their investments and to grow the Customer Support Services business.
Customer Support Services delivers a broad range of services at more than 70 permanently staffed locations to ensure customer and partner operations are optimized in a wide range of areas including:
- Aircraft Level Line Maintenance
- Spares provision & support
- Connectivity monitoring, performance management, operational management and issue resolution
- Aircraft Maintenance Program Operational Control
- Service Program Management
- Remote and proactive technical analysis
- Training development and provision
- Technical publications development and provision
These services are built on key foundations including:
- Product Support Engineering and Reliability Engineering
- Customer and Panasonic Repair Shop capability provision and management
- Test rack design, manufacture and delivery
- Connectivity ground and support infrastructure management and development
- Extensive National Aviation Authorities Approval base including 20-plus Part 145 Approvals and Safety Management System
- Business Management and Sales groups
After starting my career as an apprentice avionics engineer in the United Kingdom, I then worked as a Licensed Aircraft Engineer and Fleet Technical Engineer for a major airline.
I initially joined Panasonic Avionics more than 12 years ago as a Senior Director in Maintenance Service after holding senior positions in Avionics OEMs, such as product line management, product support and quality assurance in both commercial aerospace and defense.
By far, the best education I’ve received has been working alongside the many experts and inspiring colleagues and customers over the years. My various vocational qualifications, a bachelor’s degree in engineering and engineering systems and further education in management have also given me insight into a broad range of methods and practices.